11.30.2007

View Through a Fever Haze

Oh, it's been fun for the last few days. Fever, chills, sweats, coughing, sneezing, aching, shaking, etc. Don't tell me that getting the flu is like labor pains, that you don't remember how awful it was after its over, because I don't believe that for an instant. What I don't believe is that I've ever been this ill before from a basic flu. Shall I launch into paranoia here? No need. I'm probably not the only one thinking that someone's messing with some pretty nasty stuff lately, right?

I ran into a very cool blog called The Ethical Blog Project. It just may prove to be an interesting interpretation of current events in that it is done by a collective think tank.

I saw in one place, I flew by it in passing, that Timothy Berners-Lee had a hand in the creation of Facebook. He is, as you know, the creator of the World Wide Web and has been playing a large roll in its continued development all along. In his thinking, it is a "semantic web" in that all information is linked in one way or another to all the other information. In his model, there is a definite line between content and presentation, which explains a lot about the way Facebook looks. That separation allows for easier cataloging and searching of the content.

But, isn't that going just a little bit too far? Isn't there anything to be said about decent presentation? Hey, a picture is worth a thousand words! For the life of me, I can't think of what to put on my Facebook page. My name and photo are there, along with this blog. That's it! It is just so harsh looking. I'm screaming for self expression when I have nothing to say!

Needless to say, this fever haze is warping everything. I might as well enjoy it while it lasts...

0 added their thoughts:

Post a Comment