1.27.2010

Meaning in a Mess?

clubhouserdsunset

I’m speechless. I’m astounded. There’s some major lessons here, if only I could step back enough to put it all into words. For now, I am amazed.

If you’ve been reading along, you know about my last huge bump here at the house with the electricity going out. Flabbergasted by the outrageous – and impossible – amount of money an electrician wanted to fix things back up again pushed reality right up in my face. No way.

So, I adapted. Once I got going with it, broke the rust off the squeaky wheel, it started to get easier. I could continue to function with all the various modifications to the way I do things, sans electricity. One thing is for sure: I’m not likely to flip a light switch and take it for granted that the light will actually come on again.


What did I do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. My neighbor came over this morning and checked the circuit breaker box out. He wiggled this and that, checked everything out, saw very little out of the ordinary and demonstrated how to pull out and install a new master circuit breaker. That was all. When he left, I felt confident that it would be possible for me to fix what ailed it.

A few hours later and all the electric was back and working 100 percent. Completely. The furnace, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, dishwasher, refrigerator and the hot water heater are all up and running perfectly.
I no longer see my breath in the freezing cold, I had a hot meal sitting at the kitchen table instead of my desk, I ran the dishwasher, wrote an article in my comfortable rocking chair instead of at my desk (I think it’s the best work I’ve done in a long time), and took a good nap, now able to sleep soundly because my nose wasn’t frozen. Relishing the really hot water, I ran around the kitchen wiping everything down. In a flurry of activity, a bit more restoration occurred.

I think there’s meaning to be found in all of this.

A few days ago, I mentioned to a friend that there’s some serious work ahead, for all of us. And there is. I have this major malfunction that forces me to adjust, to adapt and to problem solve without falling apart at the seams. It was a dress rehearsal for what is to come. We all need to be prepared for all the changes headed our way.

We all need to get our ducks in a row, sort out all our little messes and get prepared. I don’t know for what, I’m not a seer or prophet, but the fan is powered up and running and ready for the proverbial doo-doo to hit it head on.

Many thanks to my neighbor with the healing touch!

0 added their thoughts:

Post a Comment