1.14.2008

UFO Seen By Dozens

The Associated Press article titled "Dozens in Town Report Seeing UFO" in tonight's news reports that several people in Stephenville, Texas have seen a very large, hovering UFO, some more than once.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."
Of course, "officials" are writing it off as an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes combined with the light and angle from the setting sun. That doesn't sound like a very credible, logical explanation to me.

The AP did a good job reporting both sides of the story. That the AP put it out on the wires means it will reach many. Unfortunately, the slant comes from categorizing the article as "Odd News" that no one will take seriously.

But, I say, "Resistance is futile."

What? Yes, I said that, and I'll tell you why. I am not one of the lucky ones that have seen a UFO. Therefore, I do not have enough evidence either way to decide for myself whether UFOs exist. I'm not willing to outright discount people's claims or buy into the government's shoddy efforts to disclaim and deny. But, I do know that two people standing right next to each other witnessing the same event will report two different things. People relate to and interpret based on their own perspectives. To resist, to negate any evidence at all would mean that, sooner or later, I'll be caught with my pants down.

In the meantime, while I wait for evidence to come my way, I will keep an open mind.

0 added their thoughts:

Post a Comment