9.01.2008

Great Buddies

I've met some truly wonderful people since I started blogging. Warm, welcoming, caring people that reach out and touch and share and give as soon as they sense a need.

Ethan, of The Natural State Hawg, is one such person, and one that I consider a friend. You wouldn't be surprised if you talked to him on the phone - just imagine a deep southern accent to go with the words he writes because he is as articulate a talker as he is writer. He has gone above and beyond for me, someone he's never met in person, and without reserve. And, he is the one that sent me the Great Buddy Award.  Ethan, I want to send it right back to you with all my sentiments to go with it!

There are only a few rules that go with this award:

* Save the image above to be forwarded;
* Choose several people who are buddies;
* Give the reason why you chose those persons.

I know there's a few people that view these kinds of awards as fluff, and that's fine. I look at them like really nice Hallmark cards given to someone to let them know they are thought of and appreciated.  In that light, I'd like to send the Great Buddy award on to:

Pam of pamibe and beannachd. She recently gave me a scare with Hurricane Fay, but thankfully, she was out of harm's way. Whew! Pam is a frequent commenter here, and I always find myself commenting on her posts too. Great thinkers think alike, right? (She wasn't the least put out when I privately asked her how to pronounce her blog's name, and I still can't get it!) As I worried about her, she is as worried about the people in the path of Hurricane Gustav.

The Commentator. I 'met' Mr. C. awhile back when I sort of confronted him on one of his posts, and he responded without qualm. That dialog turned into a major discussion that was quite enlightening as well as interesting. Since then, I've enjoyed his sharp mind and wit, neither of which ever wane at all. He's quite a character, and one you should get to know. He'll get you thinking!

Ethan, thank you again, and I sure do hope you get to feeling better soon. If you don't, with your wife's permission and help, I will rope you and drag you to the doctor!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Theresa! Your thought that the awards are like Hallmark cards is lovely!

    I'll get this up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome, Pam. I truly do appreciate your blogs (and dog) and conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniff. So many people and things to thank. I'd, I'd like to thank all the children of the world for this. Without their inspiration I, I...I can't go on. I'd also like to thank pizza because pizza is the best. Ciao and good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is he witty and sharp, folks; but he is psychic too! How in the world could he know that I had pizza in my hand right when I sat down to read his comment?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa:

    Awww. Now it's my turn to blush. I do wish you well on your project and I'll be glad to help however I can.

    My wife and doctor have both convinced me to take a week off. I'll see to that the week after next. It'll all be fine.

    By the way, that accent is all Arkie, isn't it?

    Visit The Natural State Hawg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, true Arkie, Ethan. No messin' around with that week off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's test my psychic abilities:

    The pizza was with rapini and sweet sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, half right, the deGorno had sweet sausage and a bunch of other stuff - got the supreme. Not bad for frozen, box pizza, and way better than Pizza Hut! (All that's available around here is chain pizza and Italian food.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A well deserved award lovely lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa:

    No worries. My plans include shutting off all the phones and sleeping. Looking forward to that!

    Visit The Natural State Hawg

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds blissful, Ethan! It will do you good to take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The many blogging connections with fine individuals I've made is truly the unexpected blessing of blogging. Sometimes we wonder where the non-blogging commenters are but without each other we would be nowhere.

    ReplyDelete