7.05.2008

Celebrating July With a Recap of June

"It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more." John Adams, 1776

The sudden, almost deafening explosions, the children's screams, the flashes of brilliant light and color, the children's delighted laughter as they look to the sky in wonder... It's the 4th of July Celebration experienced by everyone.

It was a good chance to experiment with my camera. My son and I had just finished dinner in town, and when we came out of the restaurant, the fireworks had already started. I had a small window between two street lights and above a very well lit gas station to focus on, and the results were less than optimal, to say the least. These two photos were interesting though.


June Recap

The spring always gets me wound up and ready to be outside - cabin fever delux, in other words. I blame it on the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont horse races - the Triple Crown - and this year was working up to be an historical one with Big Brown winning the first two prongs of the crown. This brought up several conversations filled with speculation and worry about the current state of the horse industry.
The stress of day-to-day life is a real one, and there are times when it just sneaks up on you and blindsides you a good one. Take the time to be aware and notice the beauty around you. It's always good to reach out and touch someone too, and remember those who have touched you.
I reached out, and I was touched by many. From everyone that took the time to read and comment and come back for more, I thank you.
June was also the month to launch into a new blog project and try my hand at a tutorial that I think you will find helpful.
Did I mention that my neighbors decided to fire off all their fireworks - until 2 a.m.? No? Oh, yes, they did. I was feeling pretty patriotic and festive up until around 11 p.m. and wanted to sleep. Well, it wasn't in the cards. Right after the neighbors ran out of oomph (and fireworks, I hope) then came a good hour's worth of thunder, lightening and pouring rain! Another storm woke me bright and early at 7 a.m. too. No problem, I'll go get some sleep now!

Thanks for reading!

0 added their thoughts:

Post a Comment